New IKON.iQ Revolution Colour Gels / Gel Paints
Why buy two products when one will be enough? That was the thinking when we set out to create the ultimate colour gels. Before we create any new IKON.iQ product we research, research and research. What can we do better? What is missing? How can we improve the users experience? Our goal is to create products which exceed the capabilities of any product of the same type in the market today - we have absolutely no interest in creating "me-too" products.
We talked to our Educators - all expert Nail Technicians, many are competition champions - and we compiled a list of the common features of coloured gels and gel paints:
- Many coloured gels and gel paints require two layers to get good colour depth
- Nearly all have a dispersion layer that needs wiping
- Many coloured gels are rather thick - good for full cover reliability.
- Gel paints have lower viscosity making them more suitable for fine detail nail art, but not can be compete on reliability with traditional colour gels
- Curing times are typically 2 minutes for full cover and 60 seconds using gel paints - when creating a nail art design, that's too long a time to wait between adding new design elements or colours!
- Few products cure in a LED-UV lamp
So our design goals were set:
- Must be highly pigmented so that it covers the nail in one gel layer
- Must not create a dispersion layer - let's save time and money by not wiping!
- A viscosity that allows the gels to be used as gel paints - one product two uses!
- 30 seconds cure time in a traditional 36W UV lamp and 15 seconds in a LED-UV lamp - saves up to 10 minutes per customer! (the price of one gel colour is paid back with the first service!)
- 3 seconds cure time in a LED-UV lamp when painting nail art - let that creativity flow!
All these design goals were achieved - hence the name IKON.iQ Revolution. These new colour gels are a real revolution - nothing else compares in the market today. This is the future!
All designs below were created only using the IKON.iQ Revolution colour gels.